February 12, 2014
In this article, Dean Calhoun discusses the connection between strategic potent compound safety initiatives and business performance. Read more...
November 23, 2011
Wondering how to establish a comprehensive potent compound safety program? Don't know where to start? We boil it all down to the key points for you to consider in a handy, attractive, suitable-for-framing infographic. Read more...
November 4, 2011
Occupational exposure limits for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) contain a number of uncertainty factors. To properly apply this OEL, you must understand these uncertainty factors and why they were used. In this telephone interview with Dr. Joe Nieusma, Sr. Toxicologist for Affygility Solutions, Joe discusses some of the reasons that there may be different occupational exposure limits for the same active pharmaceutical ingredient. Read more...
May 16, 2011
What are Category 4 or 5 potent compounds and what are some examples? These questions are often presented to the potent compound safety experts at Affygility Solutions. In this article, Dean M. Calhoun, CIH, President and CEO, and Dr. Joe Nieusma, Senior Occupational Toxicologist with Affygility Solutions discuss answers to these questions. Read more...
August 19, 2010
As a 14 year veteran in the environmental, health and safety field, Michael Connor has played an important role in improving the environmental, health and safety performance of Upsher-Smith Laboratories. On July 21st, 2010, Dean Calhoun, President and CEO of Affygility Solutions met with Michael and discussed a variety of issues important to environmental, health and safety professionals. Read more...
August 15, 2010
Early in my career as an environmental, health and safety professional, there was a significant amount of time spent developing environmental, health and safety checklists for performing routine inspections. In some cases, these "checklists" grew to over forty pages in length and covered every possible health and safety aspect. Read more...
July 27, 2010
In this article, the author will provide recommendations on how to effectively manage a bioscience EHS program as a single individual. Read more...
July 27, 2010
I am often asked "What are the most common OSHA violations that are cited in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry?" So with some research on the OSHA website, I created a list of the top ten OSHA violations for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. From over 25 years of EH&S auditing experience, these OSHA violations are consistent with what I’ve seen during a typical compliance audit Read more...
June 29, 2010
Seven things about potent compounds that every pharmaceutical environmental, health and safety professional should know. Review your potent compound safety handling practices and determine your gaps. Read more...
January 6, 2010
December 1, 2009
Dean Calhoun and Keith Tait discuss EH&S industry changes, opportunities, and the future challenges that lie ahead. Read more...
To discuss how we can help your organization achieve high performance EHS results, call us at 303-884-3028 or contact us online.
- Superior Potent Compound Safety Performance: Identifying the Business Value 2/12/2014
- Infographic: Establishing a Potent Compound Safety program 11/23/2011
- Occupational Exposure Limits: Understanding the Uncertainties 11/4/2011
- Category 4 or 5 Potent Compounds: Understanding the Risks 5/16/2011
- EHS thought leaders – a discussion with Michael Connor 8/19/2010
- Do health and safety checklists work? 8/15/2010
- Are you single? Ten recommendations about managing a corporate EHS program in the bioscience industry by yourself 7/27/2010
- Top ten OSHA violations in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry 7/27/2010
- Potent compounds: 7 things that every EHS professional should know 6/29/2010
- EHS thought leaders – a discussion with Jeff Holmes 1/6/2010
- EHS thought leaders – a discussion with Keith Tait 12/1/2009