Potent Compound Safety - Why is it important?
Categorization and placement of active pharmaceutical ingredients into control bands is an important step in the drug development process and a necessary part of any potent compound safety program. In most cases a preliminary assignment of a potent compound should occur shortly after the decision to pursue development has been determined. Affygility Solutions' experienced industrial hygiene and toxicology professionals can determine the proper control band assignment for your APIs. Our prices are very competitive and turn around is rapid. We can assign your potent compound to either your own internal control banding scheme or to the 4- or 5-band systems common to many potent compound safety programs. Contact us for a custom occupational exposure limit (OEL) or visit our OEL Fastrac page for a list of existing OEL monographs available for immediate download.
Preventing and controlling exposures
As the trend towards more potent pharmaceuticals continues, environmental health and safety professionals (EHS) in the industry must respond by taking measures to prevent and control exposures. These measures include:
- Risks assessments for compounds early in development
- Placement of compounds into potent compound categorization or control banding schemes
- Occupational exposure limits (OELs) for active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Industrial hygiene monitoring for APIs
- Engineering controls to provide containment and prevent overexposures
- Potent compound handling and exposure control practices
- Potent compound safety training
The EHS and toxicology professionals at Affygility Solutions have performed thousands of potent compound categorizations and development of occupational exposure limits for active pharmaceutical ingredients. Contact us today to discuss how we can assist you in categorization or classification of your active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
OEL Fastrac: Affordable, convenient OEL monographs for common off-patent APIs, delivered instantly.