Vice-President of Sales and Marketing
We are currently seeking a Vice-President of Sales and Marketing to provide sales and marketing leadership, business management, direction and coaching for an eventual team of field sales professionals reporting to them.
To date, the market penetration of our products has been by word of mouth and targeted direct marketing. Having achieved an installed base of high quality major biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, this person would be responsible for leveraging this position into a much broader customer base.
A deep understanding of SaaS pricing models and marketing programs is required.
- Lead a team of field Sales professionals to promote Affygility Solutions’ products and services to targeted accounts to achieve specific business goals
- Participate in the formulation of sales and marketing strategies, and new product launch strategies
- Hire and develop sales staff
- Establish performance goals for sales staff
- Develop detailed and accurate sales forecasts
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategies
- Directly responsible for the use of sales budgets
- 7+ years of demonstrated sales success in enterprise and SaaS software sales
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability as a self-starter is required
- Comfortable with phone, web, and face to face presentations
- Consistent over-achievement of revenue goals
- Knowledge of the life science industry is a benefit
- Salesforce.com experience highly desirable
Compensation will be competitive for like-sized company, initially, largely based on commission. Significant equity component.
No phone calls or recruiting agencies please. E-mail resume to: email@example.com.