We're recruiting for a remote-working full-stack web developer, DevOps, and all-around dev jack-of-all-trades (rolled into one person) to join our growing team.
Who we are
Affygility Solutions is a small, but fierce, occupational toxicology and industrial hygiene services company providing occupational toxicology and industrial hygiene services to the Life Sciences industry worldwide.
Headquartered (virtually) in Broomfield, Colorado, we have clients in over 65 countries.
Who you are
As the individual we're looking for, you're...
- Primarily a full-stack developer, but capable of systems admin
- An enthusiastic self-starter and problem-solver
- Generally curious about web dev and expanding your knowledge
- Comfortable working remotely with minimal supervision
- Okay with maintaining and upgrading an existing codebase
- Also okay with building/designing from scratch
- Currently living in the United States 🇺🇸 or Quebec, Canada 🇨🇦
What you've done (Skills/Experience)
We're looking for someone with 3-5 years hands-on experience with...
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra
- HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JS
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Ubuntu, Apache, Passenger
- Git, GitHub
- API consumption and provision
It'd be a plus if you had any experience with...
- Rails monitoring tools
- Amazon Web Services, especially S3
- Stripe, e-commerce
- Direct end-user support
What you'll do (Duties)
- Build, design, maintain, upgrade, deploy and monitor web apps, usually using Ruby on Rails, both public-facing (B2B) and for internal teams.
Additionally, you may be asked to...
- Write code or do anything else to support the Affygility team.
- Learn new tech and level-up on existing skills.
- Instruct the rest of the team.
- Work with internal end-users to share knowledge.
- Participate in designing end-to-end solutions from scratch.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of technical situations.
What you won't do
- Commute to work. We're a fully-remote organization.
- Punch a clock. Sure, you'll sometimes have meetings and calls, but you'll have a lot of flexibility, depending upon internal and external customer needs, to decide how and when you work.
Why you might be excited about us
- We're small, but have a large client base, so you'll be able to contribute efficiently and without bureaucracy.
- We don't have a lot of meetings. If we can effectively solve a problem asynchronously, we do. When we do meet synchronously, you'll always have the opportunity to contribute.
- Direct communication with the CTO.
- You'll be able to work remotely and set your own schedule. We don't micromanage and will help you do great work.
Why you might not be excited about us
- We're small (~12 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, it's not (yet) the right time.
- You'll be expected to have the ability to be self-taught. While we will provide some guidance, we can't provide close mentorship.
- Since we respond to customer and market demands like an early stage startup, projects and priorities may shift. If you can't handle shifting priorities and multiple projects, this may not be the right job for you. Projects may not be defined perfectly initially.
What to do next
If this sounds good to you, apply!
How to apply
To apply for the Web Developer (Ruby on Rails)/DevOps position, simply complete the application and attach your CV or resumé.